Surveillance camera captures driver running over three men, killing two, after ‘they mugged him’

A street surveillance camera in western Mexico captured the shocking moment a truck driver mowed down three men – killing two – after they allegedly mugged him at gunpoint.

The driver, identified as Víctor, was standing outside a store in Guadalajara, Jalisco, when he was approached by the three suspects on Friday afternoon.

The muggers forced Víctor into turning over his cellphone and his money before they fled on foot.

Surveillance camera captures the moment a truck driver in Guadalajara, Mexico, mowed down three men who had allegedly mugged him last Friday. Two of the muggers lost their lives in the incident. Authorities arrested the motorist and a third suspect who survived and had to be hospitalized.

The alleged muggers are seen on video crossing a street in the western Mexico city of Guadalajara just moments before the truck driver that they had allegedly robbed at gunpoint crashed his vehicle into them. Two of the suspects were pronounced dead at an area hospital.

A mugger who survived being run over by a truck is pictured lying under the vehicle

A security camera mounted near an intersection shows the assailants walking on a sidewalk before they crossed the street. The truck driven by Víctor then subsequently appeared in the footage before it accelerated and slammed into them.

Video recorded by a witness at the scene showed one of the muggers who survived the accident pinned under the truck.

The gun that was used in the mugging was found lying underneath the rear of the truck.

Víctor can be heard in the video telling the witness that he had been robbed earlier as the other two suspects could be spotted lying on the ground unresponsive.

Surveillance camera shows the three alleged muggers before they crossed to the other side of the avenue and were hit by the driver of a truck who had been robbed at gunpoint.

The suspects were treated at the scene by paramedics from the local Red Cross and rushed to a nearby hospital, where two of them died.

Víctor was placed under arrest by the Guadalajara police and the surviving man remained hospitalized and under police custody.